I signed up for an alarm system after I was promised to have a $50.00 visa card if you buy $100 in groceries and $100 in gas every month, you would get it every month totaling $1,200.So I send in my first rebate to the company, and a few days later I receive it back as "unable to deliver".
Apparently the center that processes the rebates took the money and left? My Free travel. So there I was stuck with a 3 year contract, that would end on 09/21/2012. I paid the entire 3 years, called them to cancel on 09/05/12, and sent a letter.
On 10/02/12 they took another month's payment, I called and they said even though I called and they knew I wanted to cancel, they never got my letter.
Thanks to total recall, I recorded all of my conversations with them, and would like to contact Get Gephardt about this matter, because now when I sign in, it shows I owe them $59.84, and apparently this mike guy I spoke with on 10/03/12 can cancel my account, so now it is supposed to be cancelled.I don't trust them though, especially after all that I have read about the cancellation problems on this site.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Alarm Monitoring
- Review category
- Home Security
- Review rating
- 5 out of 5
You May Also Like
- "The system was installed in January 2014, failed in March 2014. I phoned them repeatedly, waited 2 weeks each time for inspection. Each time they found nothing wrong..."
- "TERRIBLE!! I sold my home and didn't buy another one. I cannot get them to disconnect the service at my old address. I don't have a house to transfer service..."
- "Yeap these people got me too $50 on a security camera. Don't be the one I always tell people, and I was the one this time. They look legit but..."
- "I bought an ASUS X99-PRO/USB 3.1 motherboard and installed it as a replacement for an MSI motherboard that I damaged due to overclocking. The operating system and other tidbits..."
- "I ordered the system with a spare AC Adapter and Battery which was displayed as a 9 cell battery. I got the system, and the AC adapter, but no..."
- "I did a reservation and paid through Orbits. The car I ordered was "Ford Escape of similar". When I was doing the paperwork in Salt Lake City airport everything went..."
- "Preview models has been a great experience for me in several ways. Being from a small town in the Midwest its hard to know exactly how to get your foot..."
- "I would like to thank Attorney Dan Newlin and his team especially Attorney Michael Truax for helping me with my case, thanks to you and your assistance I was able..."
- "Hello. I wanted to share my experience with Patriot Greens. I've been using it for several months now & they have made my whole existence worthwhile. I will be 64..."