Monitronics - Problem cancelling, Conned into contract, Bad Business
I signed up for an alarm system after I was promised to have a $50.00 visa card if you buy $100 in groceries and $100 in gas every month, you would get it every month totaling $1,200.So I send in my first rebate to the company, and a few days later I receive it back as "unable to deliver".
Apparently the center that processes the rebates took the money and left? My Free travel. So there I was stuck with a 3 year contract, that would end on 09/21/2012. I paid the entire 3 years, called them to cancel on 09/05/12, and sent a letter.
On 10/02/12 they took another month's payment, I called and they said even though I called and they knew I wanted to cancel, they never got my letter.
Thanks to total recall, I recorded all of my conversations with them, and would like to contact Get Gephardt about this matter, because now when I sign in, it shows I owe them $59.84, and apparently this mike guy I spoke with on 10/03/12 can cancel my account, so now it is supposed to be cancelled.I don't trust them though, especially after all that I have read about the cancellation problems on this site.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "ADT FAILED US and many others!! ADT FAILED to dispatch fire rescue when our smoke detectors were going off. After our house was totalled, and 2 LOVING pets perished, the..."
- "Had Central Security since 2009, installed a new system with my cable company due to my current system being outdated and faulty. When I went to cancel they told..."
- "Almost 2 years ago I purchased an 8 channel, 500 Mbyte Edge DVR that came with 4 cameras. I use the android mobile app that Lorex provided to view..."
- "We just checked in suppose to be a non smoking kig size bed for me my husband and 1 year old . We got a smoking room queen then changed..."
- "As soon as I got there for my togo order, everyone was friendly and the food was ready as soon as 10 minutes after I had ordered.. however maybe since..."
- "The state of Utah moved to shut down these telemarketer scam artists by filing multiple felony charges against Aaron Vincent Christner and Ryan Scott Jensen. Hopefully this will help keep..."
- "I ordered my wife's valentine day flowers. I ordered the sweetheart exquisite araingement which was to have 7 red roses and 7 red carnations. What she received was an araingment..."
- "We had a group of 7 teenagers come for dinner so of course we thought pizza! We called our local Papa Gino's and asked for any specials and were told..."
- "its super grose when slimey stuff comes down your throat *** no man im thru its the 2nd time with this kona blend monster we thank monster for making..."