service contract system security alarm customer customer service phone home account

Monitronics - Security System Review

2.8
I am pissed off as well, I was on my way to the hospital and the salesman pressured me to get the security system. and when I asked the salesman about the contract he told me it was for 15 months, it was 54 months and after calling I asked about the range for my call button, they couldn't give me an answer.

Hello,

We're very sorry to hear about your recent experience and we would like to investigate further to resolve this matter. Please email us your account information at monisocial@monitronics.com so that we may begin our investigation.

We look forward to speaking with you and resolving this matter.

Scam Monitronics for $39.99

They came to my house back in April 2013. They said updated to my security. They failed to ask me if this was my house as i was only renting. They got us back in April while we was moivng in to the house and we just happen to say yes. To In July we tried to cancel but they guy that answer the phone was so disrespectible. I had to go through many different person and still never got an answer. So i told the bank to stop payment but the bank could only do things that are over 90 days old. They even change the name of there copany as it was something other then Monitronics. So 3 months ago they told me to send them a letter telling them i want to cancel but it never happen once again they took my ex-wife's account. So today i called the bank and told them to stop payment as i had to pay $30 for this service. And now that i came here i found out there was others complaining about the same. So i hope someone could do something about this problem cheating all their clients. Or are they picking on all the senior citizens of America. I just hope someone takes care of this problem as i never had a problem like this in my entire 63 year of my Life. Everyone please get the word out what this company is doing. My email is raiderlaz18@hotmail.com let me know what you found out. Thanks.

Reason of review
Poor customer service
Preferred solution
to return the security system for the original owner of the security system and the money my wife lost money as she got charge $34 for each insufficent funds

Monitronics - Cameras Installation Review from Chicago Heights, Illinois

I have been trying to get a simple problem resolved with Monitronics Video Surveillance and no one has called me . They send a tech. To install the equipment. After I said good morning he responded as well. He got upset because I asked to see his ID. To confirm he do work for Monitronics, he replied you can't see the hat .? The Truck saids Monitronics. He said a loud if is going to be like this F...!!!! It and forget it . I am leaving now started the truck engine left. And I still have not received a call when is my cameras going to be Installed. Is Add such a big company. And no installers where I reside.? Makes no sense.? Does not why I only got you are on the List ..? But what list .? Forget it don't call this customer..? Or we might call client back ,? I been a client many years never had this horrible experience. Never why .? Should be no problem carrying a badge that you do work for that Company. For safety as I suffer a bad experience before . Thank you :(:(

Executive Response Department

Wanna know what doesn't make sense? Your review!

I'm certain that you're mentally retarded! No wonder I cant get my service cancelled with this company! it seems they're to busy taking calls from idiots like this guy! I got news for ya, this review doesn't mean *** if you use "Anonymous" as you screen name!

Monitronics, if you're reading my comment please cancel my service! I filed a complaint with Consumer Affairs so hopefully you'll respond and help resolve this!

@Jerry

Hi Jerry,

We're very sorry to hear that you're leaving Monitronics! We would greatly appricate your feedback so that we correct the issue.

Please email us your account information at monisocial@monitronics.com so that a member of our team can follow up with you.

View more comments (2)

Poor service, cancellation hoops | Monitronics review from Bellevue, Washington

In Hawaii, they send kids around to sign up customers. We got a 3 year plan, $40/month. They have no offices here, so they contract local alarm installers. The first week one of our sensors failed, their phone staff said let us know if ithappens again. It did, the next day, and they promised a repair. 2 weeks later, after many calls, with no alarm system, another outfit came and replaced the sensor. No adjustment from monotronics. After the monthly charge swelled to $53, I tried to cancel. They said no way without the remaining year paid in full. They did offer a drop in monthly to $40 again. Having read the contract, I sent them a cancellation letter right after the final year was up, and after a couple of weeks, got another bill. When I called, they said they never received my letter. Sent another one, registered. Next they sent me a final payment bill, without the itemized charges I'd asked for. Decided to pay it in full. This was 2 months ago. Today I get a letter from them saying I owe $6 more. Caution to anyone considering monotronics, stick with a local alarm company, these guys are terrible.

Hello,

Thank you for providing us your feedback. We are very sorry to hear about you’re dissatisfied with our service and we would like an opportunity to resolve your concerns. You may contact our office directly at your earliest convenience at 1-888-758-5900 from 8:00 am to 6:00 pm Central Time Monday through Friday.

Review

I have been trying to cancel for years!!! complete Scam artist, *** | Monitronics review from Saint Louis, Missouri

I have been trying to cancel monitronics for 4 years!!!!! I signed up when I lived in the city for a house I was renting. that was in 2008! the guy that signed up said it was a month to month contract. I called when we left that house in 2010, they told me I had a 5 year contract and I had to pay them some $3,800!!! I tried and tried, they would not stop charging me. I have called and asked to cancel many many times. Finally after paying them for 4 years of service I didn't use!! and ask even after my supposed 5 year contract was up! I stopped payment from my bank account! Now they are telling me they will send my amount past do to collections!!! THEY OWE ME $2,400!!!! DO NOT TRUST THESE GUYS, THEY ARE LIARS!!! #MONITRONICS #LIARS #SCAM

My wife and I picked up their service and later decided to change to another and they told us we had to pay them off because of the equipment. We paid only to get another bill. I am sick to death of being told that the account is closed and the bill is paid off and that we don't owe them more money only to have them send ANOTHER BILL the next month and say that our service hasn't been disconnected.

View more comments (1)
Reason of review
what i put in my review, them to pay the final bill!!!
Preferred solution
Full refund

Monitronics - Security System Review from Lennox, California

I have tried canceling my account for several months now, to no avail. I unplugged the whole system from the power supply, monitronics didnt seem to notice, or didnt care. I figured they would call me to figure out why the system isnt working, they havent, since home security should be their main priority! I am still getting billed, for a system that is unplugged not being used! They do however promptly call me to collect a passed due payment balance!

Monitronics - Alarm Review from Walnut Creek, California

Stayed in phone cue forever. Totally understaffed and unprepared. Security business should not be!! You can't get a person even when your alarm is going off! They never followed through with local law enforcement to resolve issue. After waiting entirely too long to talk to someone on a second call, I learned they had not pursued anything regarding my alarm going off while I was out of town. They get monthly payment but are NOT prepared or committed to providing the service they are paid to do.

Hello,

Thank you for providing us your feedback. I'm very sorry to hear about you’re dissatisfied with our service and I would like an opportunity to resolve your concerns. You may contact my office directly at your earliest convenience at 1-888-758-5900 from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm Central Time Monday through Friday.

Monitronics is terrible

I have had nothing but a headache with the SYSTEMS Monitronics has installed in my home. None of them have worked. I just had one installed 2 days ago. within 24 hours the system panel started Beeping intermitantly. Guess what I had to call monitronics and get them to turn off the beeping. Today I set the system thinking my home was being proteted and left. I came back home and forgot to turn off the system and entered my home and THE ALARM DIDN'T GO OFF!!!! Yet I had to go to the panel and disarm it. I was napping and received a call from the billing department for a system that isn't working!!!! I told them my system isn't working and they can come and pick it up. They told me I have a contract and can't break it??? Excuse ME???

Tried to cancel my contract | Monitronics review from Taylor, Texas

Unfortunately, after trying 855-299-2081, and speaking to someone to try to cancel my contract and also asking for "account resolutions". I was told I would have to pay the entire contract in full. If I want to cancel the contract they would give me a 25% discount and that is still a lot of money I would have to pay. They did not explain the cancellation procedures, nor did they let me know the contract would have to be fulfilled completely. They want me to pay almost 800 bucks to cancel the contract. I wound up taking over the former home owners contract and now can see that it was not favorable for or my family as this contract costs a lot, much more than other home security contracts with other companies. They did offer to give me one month of free service to soften the blow. Not happy at all.

Sucks for you. How about instead of complaining to some random *** site you actually do something about it?

I happen to be a very satisfied Monitronics customer. Have they messed up in the past? YES. After I called John Kaizer in the Executive Department I was able to get my problem taken care of.

If it wasn't for the experience that I had with Mr.

Kyser I wouldn't have stayed with monitronics. You can find his number all over the internet and trust me when I say he knows how to treat a customer.

View more comments (1)

Monitronics - Charge Review

I don't mind paying for service. But when I called to start service, they started charging. When I called to stop service, now I have to send them paperwork. And the attitude with the service representative after my 20 minute hold... I'll NEVER use monitor nice again.