I signed up for this service in 2011 for three years.They didn't explain to me that if I ever sale my house I still will be obligated to pay until contract is over.

When I sold my house and called asking for canceling service hoping to pay cancellation fees, they told me they will charge me the full amount for all three entire years, like they will holding you as a HOSTAGE and secure you only *** you got after all!

Don't go for this, otherwise you are stuck there until your nightmare with them is over.They told me even if you serve your country oversees they still will BILL you because all they want is YOUR MONEY not the service, and they will get it one way or another regardless you dead or alive.

Had an Experience with Monitronics?

Comments

executiveresponseteam@mon
Dallas, Texas, United States #628807

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Please know that we hold our technician to a high standard and every feedback we receive from our customers about our technician and support staff helps us to improve our policies and procedures. We want customers that value our service, and that are willing to help us continue to improve our level of service through open and honest communication. If I can be of assistance to you, please call me at 855-299-2081 from 8:00am-7:00pm Central Time Monday through Thursday and Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

David Sodiende

Tampa, Florida, United States #627616

I love their moniker, "Monitronics Cares" even though, through YOUR experiences, they show that they DON'T care!I used to work for an alarm company and I assure you, if any of us went to a service call with a clear work order, such as your digital door, we would have *** to pay if we went out unprepared.

It cost the company money, us time and certainly reflected poorly on us for customer service. IF these people held their techs and support staff to an exacting standard, with follow-up, timely follow-up, to complaints, then things would improve. Obviously, they have issues with getting things done, done right, and in a timely fashion.

Free MONTH?!?!How about just cutting a month off the balance of the contract for every unfulfilled service call?

lescly2

I am disappointed with the customer service I have received from Monitronics.I was locked out of my home because of a faulty digital door lock.

Your team was unable to unlock my door and I had to pay a lock smith. Since this occurred in November 2012,I have scheduled 5 appointments to replace the door lock. On every visit, the technician has shown up with the wrong thing, not once has it been a digital door lock. I *** from work to meet the technician.

We are still without the correct door lock. All your company offers is a free month. I don't care about free service. This does not solve the issue and is only insulting.

To add insult to injury, I have sent complaints on your website and on twitter with no response.

Anyone looking for home security should stay far away from Monitronics.They hold you hostage with a contract and do not even attempt to provide good customer service.

executiveresponseteam@mon
Dallas, Texas, United States #614905

Thank you for taking the time to notify me about your concerns with your service. I have every desire to address your needs and provide the best solution available to resolve your issue as soon as possible. While it is true that most alarm monitoring agreements (within the industry) are at least 36 and up to 60 months in length, they are not typically attained by unscrupulous means. Strict quality points are in place to help detect such things, but we can not guarantee that we catch 100%, as Monitronics is an Alarm monitoring company only and does not manufacture, sell, or install alarm systems. Rest assured that Monitronics does not condone, advocate or allow our business partners to employ unscrupulous business practices to attain customers. We want customers that value our service, and that are willing to help us continue to improve our level of service through open and honest communication. We understand that things happen in life that is beyond our control and we try to work with our customers in creating a resolution to unforeseen events that happen to them. If I may be of assistance, please contact my office 855-299-2081 from 8:00am-7:00pm Central Time.

Monitronics Cares