I signed up for this service in 2011 for three years.They didn't explain to me that if I ever sale my house I still will be obligated to pay until contract is over.

When I sold my house and called asking for canceling service hoping to pay cancellation fees, they told me they will charge me the full amount for all three entire years, like they will holding you as a HOSTAGE and secure you only *** you got after all!

Don't go for this, otherwise you are stuck there until your nightmare with them is over.They told me even if you serve your country oversees they still will BILL you because all they want is YOUR MONEY not the service, and they will get it one way or another regardless you dead or alive.

Had an Experience with Monitronics?

Comments

executiveresponseteam@mon
Dallas, Texas, United States #631609

Dear Busy Bee,

Thank you for attempting to assist our customers by sharing your experience. I want you to know that we are always willing to assist our customers. Please know that we have the best interest of our customers at heart and we will like to resolve the issue. Please call Monitronics at 888-758-5900 from 8:00am-7:00pm Central Time Monday through Thursday and Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

Monitronics Cares

Tampa, Florida, United States #627613

Yeah, the contract is the contract. If you are auto-pay or on a credit card, stop the auto-payment after you send them a letter, certified so you have record. If you paid up-front, you're pretty much screwed and you're right, they won't care. You are a dollar sign.

You can send a copy of the letter you send them to your credit card company and let them know that you're no longer authorizing the withdrawal or payment.

Good luck...many times contracts are for a term, regardless of the circumstance. But in some states, like Florida, many

"contracts" are considered "agreements" and CAN BE changed, although the company might give you a lie about that.

executiveresponseteam@mon
Dallas, Texas, United States #614904

Thank you for taking the time to notify me about your concerns with your service. I have every desire to address your needs and provide the best solution available to resolve your issue as soon as possible. While it is true that most alarm monitoring agreements (within the industry) are at least 36 and up to 60 months in length, they are not typically attained by unscrupulous means. Strict quality points are in place to help detect such things, but we can not guarantee that we catch 100%, as Monitronics is an Alarm monitoring company only and does not manufacture, sell, or install alarm systems. Rest assured that Monitronics does not condone, advocate or allow our business partners to employ unscrupulous business practices to attain customers. We want customers that value our service, and that are willing to help us continue to improve our level of service through open and honest communication. We understand that things happen in life that is beyond our control and we try to work with our customers in creating a resolution to unforeseen events that happen to them. If I may be of assistance, please contact my office 855-299-2081 from 8:00am-7:00pm Central Time.

Monitronics Cares