Virginia, United States

Update by user Dec 04, 2014

this has not been resolved. instead of refunding me the months they illegally charged my account....they sent us a BILL. This is BS.

Original review posted by user Oct 23, 2014

I called to cancel my service May 28 2014.I was told I had to send a letter.

I submitted said letter but they continue to remove the funds from my bank account. Every month I call to have my service cancelled they state that they never got the letter. And every month I write another letter. My husband is gravely sick and I cant keep up with this jokers.

I called and reported them to my state AG office and the bank has a stop payment on my account.They have cost me now $200 and we are on SS benefits now.

Review about: Service Cancellation.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $200
Preferred solution Full refund

Had an Experience with Monitronics?

Comments

sabertrans
Vancouver, Washington, United States #1343121

Monitronics is a study in how NOT to do business with anyone. It should be submitted in the college courses of America as to how NOT to conduct business as a study in how to dismantle the faith of the American public in doing business as a security company. Should be required reading in most colleges and universities.

Close your bank account and change banks. This way you will not get screwed any longer!

Always send bill collectors and other creeps any correspondence certified with a with a returned reciept that way the receiver can't deny getting your mailing.

Jpcp131364

Change your account number.

elliottfan1234

Pat Rose
to elliottfan1234 #988404

Ive had the exact same problem!They took me for almost $300.00!

I also had to go to the bank to get them to stop! And they've been harassing at least three times a day! And they're threatning to ruin my credit! I paid the entire contract off Five years of it, And senttwo letters and had my bank manager to call them!

They told the bank manager they would and even sent me a months payment back! But then they started calling my home again! They changed their mind,and now claim I owe them $175.00 God help us!

There like the MAFIA!Its more than B.S I need a lawyer!

to Pat Rose #1343124

Pat, I have had the Monitronics horror show at my house as well.I know of many others who are sharing this dreadful event.

Think most of us would be a lot safer without their fraudulent, bullying ways.Would rather have an occasional peeping tom in the neighborhood rather than confront the Monitronics monsters.