Monitronics - Try to cancel

After being a customer 8+ years in 9/17 I changed to another monitoring company (they claimed they would notify Moni, they didn't, and we did not realize it until....) During Xmas week 2017, a monitoring tech called my cell phone and stated that there was no monitoring signal from my home since September. I informed him that I did not have Moni anymore and please cancel my account.

In early January we checked our bank statements and found EFT transfers for October, November, December, and January. I immediately got on the phone and tried to cancel, but was told I cannot cancel my account over the phone as of that date. When Moni forms finally were received by e-mail, and we returned them, I thought account would be closed.

Then in early February we received another bill for service 1/29/18 - 2/09/18 in the amount of $16.27. Just to keep Moni from screwing with my credit report, I will pay the $16.27 .......

Monitronics - Company never answered

I want this service Canceled ASAP. I called 2 years ago and canceled and just became aware that monthly payments of $58 has been taken out of our account for years by this company. Please adivise!!!

Monitronics - They did not recognize my address

1.7
Equipment Quality

The automated system had a different address associated with my phone number.

Product or Service Mentioned: Monitronics Account.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Monitronics - Couldn't get in to my account

Didn't know my word to get in.

Product or Service Mentioned: Monitronics Account.

Monitronics - The won't allow me to stop services with them

Equipment Quality

I called them two week ago to end my service with them and they agreed to do that and shut down my system at that time. They charged me for Jan and when I called them about it, they said I only agreed to shut the system down not end my account with them.

They never told me that I had to give them a 30 day notice in writing and that they will continue to charge me for an alarm system they has been shut down.

They said they would send me an e-mail on how to do it on line but I have not gotten it yet and it's been three days since I last contacted them. Will never do business with this company again and now I have to pay the bank to get them off my account.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

I didn't like: Customer service run around and dishonest.

Monitronics stinks, avoid them!!!

2.6
Equipment Quality

I am going through this cancellation dance now, I'm out of contract obligation and sold my property a month ago. Monitronics has this complicated cancellation process: - First they are to send you an e-mail with a link to a Docusign form (I did not receive the e-mail after my first call, had to call twice for this step, second time I lost my cool on phone) - Fill out & submit the Docusign.

After this step I receoived an auto e-mail asking to complete the step (?!?!) - I still see my account active, so I called again to confirm Docusign step was completed and then I cancelled my credit card to stop auto payments - They say now my account will close after 30 days (one more full month billing cycle), so I will need to keep logging into my account and check status, so they don't report missed payments to credit bureaus. - What's next?!?!?!?

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Preferred solution: My account permanently closed and free of ANY additional charge. As I see it I have NO further obligation with Monitronics, as my contract expired several months ago..

I didn't like: Trying to cancel, Ridiculous service termination policy.

Monitronics - Trying to conceal service

1.2
Equipment Quality

I called the company the other day on a bill I received stating I owed 45.00 for this months bill when I had called the month before cause I was quoted paying 31.00 dollars .they told me that request had ran out and it was back to 45.00. I told them I could not afford that price and needed to cancal do to a hardship I'm on social security disability and need to cancal they told me I could not do that.thos company does not work with you at all when I got this company I was going to the hospital and I was not told it was for 5 years I throught it was for 2 years I need to get out of this contract for hardship reasons

Monitronics - Breach of Fixed Rate Promise

Update by user May 26, 2017

I've since had an opportunity to revisit the issue, and must say that all of my concerns have been resolved very much to my satisfaction. Quite frankly, they exceed my expectations; thus, I now regret my petulance and apologize for the rancorous remarks.

Original review posted by user May 23, 2017

I experienced a small rate change approximately seven(7) months after being assured that my rate would not be subject to change until the end of the signed agreement. I opened two accounts and signed extended agreements on both because of the 'fixed rate' assurance.

One of the accounts was changed after having been with the company for nearly 48 years. I'm not happy and very disappointed! I called to inquire as to why was I subject to a rate change, the Customer Service Rep (CSR) advised me that the signed agreement affords them the luxury of making a rate change, when they deem it necessary.

The CSR further implied that I simply have no recourse, everyone on account experienced the same. The act was the work of perfidious blackguards with no sense of basic moral rectitude.

Product or Service Mentioned: Monitronics Account.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Monitronics - did not cancel my account

I just realized 7 months later they restarted the payments from my account. Scam I cancelled my account with Monitronics by going through multiple hoops and sending the letter they require. I no longer live at the address and the new tenant has activated a Monitronics account. I just realized 7 months later they restarted the payments from my account.

Scam I cancelled my account with Monitronics by going through multiple hoops and sending the letter they require. I no longer live at the address and the new tenant has activated a Monitronics account. I just realized 7 months later they restarted the payments from my account. Scam I cancelled my account with Monitronics by going through multiple hoops and sending the letter they require.

Product or Service Mentioned: Monitronics Account.

Reason of review: Order processing issue.