Monitronics - System never worked correctly

Please cancel my service immediately! I have sent an email today asking that you cancel, It seems that my bill is always doubled the month once I have paid up two months.

Please cancel this service. I have been going out of town frequently due to death and illness in family. Always to come back and notice that system is not working or beeping all night long. CANCEL THIS CONTRACT TODAY AS OF SEPTEMBER 11, 2018.

CANCEL THIS CONTRACT TODAY AS OF SEPTEMBER 11, 2018. PLEASE CANCEL THIS CONTRACT TODAY AS OF SEPTEMBER 11, 2018. I WILL NOT PAY FOR ANOTHER MONTH. I WILL NOT PAY FOR ANOTHER MONTH.

PLEASE CANCEL THIS CONTRACT AS OF TODAY SEPTEMBER 11, 2018.

Mrs. Lusynthia Smith

smithlusynthia@gmail.com

Product or Service Mentioned: Monitronics Security System.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Monitronics - Awful

2.1
Equipment Quality

I had the "free" system installed. I never used their system.. paid the three year contract.. immediately canceled. I called, had to jump through hoops.. they wouldn't cancel. I called again, same thing, I canceled their draw out of my account.. finally they sent me to collections. I had to pay collections to get it cleared.

These guys are shysters and hustlers. Don't do business with them.

The collections people they deal with are also complicit in this scam.. their name is Hillcrest Davidson. The guy was nice on the phone and said yes, they had to have hoops to jump through to cancel to protect themselves. Fine. They need to have protections from people they know they are scamming to get out as well and not put them through all of this hassel. I paid it just to clear it, they know I would .. but I can tell everyone what a pos company this is as well. Don't use them ever!!!

Steve

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

I didn't like: Billed me after i canceled and did everything they asked.

Monitronics - Cancel Account

I have contacted them to inform them that I do not have the code due to the house is being rented for over three years. The alarm kept going off and they continue to send officials and now I am being charged 50 per visit of a false alarm.

Which has been sent to my current residence. I informed them several times that I do not recall the password placed on the account but I can give them other information., that did not suffice.

The phone that was attached to the account no longer exist and I never received any contact, phone, email or secondary number.

Ive been charged over $50.00 a month for a security device that I can not use and has not been used

The services is not service friendly

Product or Service Mentioned: Monitronics Security System.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Monitronics - Bait and Switch

Equipment Quality

We were told there was no extra fee to relocate our service. When the time to move arrived, we informed the service provider of our moving date and were not given any instructions.

Upon arrival at the new location, we were told that we were "supposed" to have moved with the equipment to the new location. SOmething that was not disclosed. Then they had a tech person go to the location to remove the cameras but left the sensors. On the day the alarm was to be installed, we were notified that because the MONI representative had neglected to remove the sensors from our previous home, we would have to pay EXTRA for sensors.

Not our fault, but MONI charged us the extra fees. Very unfair business practices by MONI.WILL NOT BE USING THIS COMPANY AGAIN EVER!!!

NEITHER WILL ANY OF MY KITH AND KIN. We were charged close to $500.00 to relocate the system, YET we were told that relocation would cost us ZERO Dollars.

Product or Service Mentioned: Monitronics Security System.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Monitronics - This company is sleazy.

Today, after being a customer since Sept 2013, I called customer service to cancel my service. After being on hold for 11 minutes, a young lady comes on, verifies who I am, and when I tell her to cancel my service, she starts a sales pitch which I quickly say I am not interested.

She then informs me that I need to speak to a manager and places my on hold for another 13 minutes. When the "manager" picks up and goes thru the same "spiel" I tell her that I am cancelling my service, she then informs me that it will take 24-48 to send me an electronic form that I need to sign and send back, and then once it is received, my service will be cancelled in 102 days! Crooked, sleazy are only two words to describe this company and their treatment after being a customer for 5.75 years and jacking up my rate 27% in that time.

I am going on Facebook and twitter to let everyone know what a slimy group of people this is. Brinks Security is buying them out, don't be fooled

Monitronics - Problems with alarm going off

All the fire alarms are going off in my house there is no fire the pad does not show anything wrong had to unplug all fire alarms to stop noise problem never fixed called yesterday Power Home Security

Product or Service Mentioned: Monitronics Security System.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

Monitronics - Predatory billing

My elderly mother had a contract for service with Monitronics. The security monitory equipment was removed over a year ago but they continued billing with automatic wihdrawal from her bank account.

Having read the other reviews, I see that others have had similar experiences.

Lessons learned:

1. Removing the equipment does not terminate the service. I don't know if other monitory companies have the same policy but you should ask.

2. By contract there is a 30-day notice required for cancellation.

3. Do NOT allow automated payment from your bank or credit card.

4. Insist on documentation when calling to cancel service. Follow up with a registered letter of cancellation.

5. Consider purchasing a home monitoring system that notices the local police directly.

Hope this helps.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

I didn't like: Contract requirements and cancellation policy.

Monitronics - Will not stop billing. have cancelled over a year ago. harrassing phone calls/ text messages

I have cancelled my service with Moni. I cancelled twice on the phone with argumentative sales rep that did not accept cancellation even though i was talking to her after supplying my passwords and account information.

I also sent a cancellation to correspondence@moni.com. Moni has not accepted my cancellations and have stopped drafts at my bank. I now get approx 10 harassing phone calls and additional text messages/ day.

I am on the do not call list and will be submitting paperwork on each attemt by the company at this point. I have a 10 year customer history with Moni when i cancelled their services with punctual drafts made shy 120 consecutive months I live in Minneapolis, MN.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Preferred solution: cease and desist. .

I didn't like: Deceptive and difficult cancellation practices.

Comments

this appears to be the trend if you search this topic online. I am saddened by the predatory nature of such a company that is selling security services to all demographics. I sincerely hope that you call and let your grandmothers know as well

Monitronics - Dishonest Company

Equipment Quality

I strongly advise against purchasing from this company. We signed a contract several years ago, and the monthly cost on the contract is $27.99.

After several months they increased the monthly charge to $39.99 plus taxes. When I inquired about this, they claimed that the contract I signed was for $39.99 plus taxes. I sent them my copy of the contract which showed the monthly fee as $27.99. They are not responsive as over the course of several months the people that I talked to said they would get back to me, but I would hear nothing back.

Finally, they sent me a copy of their contract which showed the monthly fee as $39.99. They insisted that was the correct charge because I had initialed to agree to an additional $5. fee. What apparently happened is that the salesman that signed me up had drawn a line on the contract asking me to initial so that some kind of a $5.

fee would not be charged. This company claims that my initials are instead my agreement to the additional $5 fee.

Product or Service Mentioned: Monitronics Security System.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

I didn't like: Deceptive contract terms.

Monitronics - Make a payment

They have the nerve to switch to online payment. I call once a month to make a payment and each time the system is down.

Now it’s only on line. My password do not work and customer service is terrible. I have been with them 8 yrs and these last 5 yrs is bad service.

The Tech isn’t any better. I need another service

Product or Service Mentioned: Monitronics Security System.

Reason of review: Bad quality.