Monitronics - Cancel of Service

I want them to stop taking money out of my bank account. I want my service cancelled. They have already taken 3 months of payments out after their service items were disconnected at my home.

I have tried with no success to cancel this plan. As of today I want the plan cancelled and the auto pay cancelled.

It is very difficult to get in touch with customer service but it doesn't seem hard for them to remove money from my bank account.

I no longer want their service. The cost is too much and it continues to rise. It is extremely high for the service that we had. Please disconnect as soon as possible. Now would be a good time.

Monitronics - I guess I am not the only pissed customer

After reading for over two hours the complaints from your customers , All I can say is , I am so glad that I stopped the payments from my account. Never thought you will make people go thru all these trouble.

Never heard so many complaints from a company before and still in business. I sent a note informing that I wanted out, but never thought I could find so many people pissed about your company. It is really disgusting. You can send your people to my house to collect your junk.

If you read my claim you can write to me, and inform me when you will be coming. Other than that , I will not let anybody come to my house to threaten me or my family about collections or any thing else. I want out and that is it. In my previous note I stated that you were paying thousands of Dollars for any one having information of former employees of yours but you should have info on them as well as phone numbers and so on.

Your mask has come down in my neighborhood and will be getting a lot more request for cancelations. You can contact me @ rey.castaneda30@yahoo.com.

Product or Service Mentioned: Monitronics Security System Plan.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

OppositeGlassLizard457

You are far from being the only one. If I recall, recently, I saw something on the computer re: over 12,000 complaints to the BBB but most were resolved.

Monitronics - Brinks?

Today, my credit card company notified me that a charge was placed against my card from "Brinks Security". The amount charged was the same amount that is usually charged monthly by Monitronics Security and the charge is hitting my account around the same time my Monitronics charge usually hits.

Was Monitronics purchased by Brinks Security recently? If so, it would have been appropriate to receive some kind of notification from Monitronics Security and/or Brinks Security of the change.

This is NOT quality customer service if this is the case! Also, if this change occurred, what number do we contact for customer service now and when will the "Brinks" name start appearing?

If there wasn't a change, then I need to contact my credit card company to dispute the charge.

Product or Service Mentioned: Monitronics Security System Plan.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Preferred solution: Let me know if the company has changed hands to Brinks..

Monitronics - They didn't Cancelling my service

Equipment Quality

We have called them several times to cancel our contract and they told us we had to pay the remaining amount on our contract so we agreed even though we didnt want to, we haven't had their service in well over a year and out contract ended February of this year (2018) I called them in February to have them cancel my account and I go look at my account just now and They freaking charged me again so I call them *** them out for charging me and ask them to cancel my account once again and to reverse the payment in which they said they can not because the account was not cancelled even though they aren't even monitoring us anymore they haven't in over a year. I sent a notice to my bank about the inquiry to reverse the payment anyways because I'm not paying them anymore.

Resolved: Monitronics - Don't know I was under contract and can't cancel

Resolved

Update by user Jun 25, 2018

Someone had contacted me shortly after my review. Since I was under contract they want me to pay almost $2000 dollars.

The person that contacted me said they could do $400, and split up the payments and then the would close my account. I went with that deal just to be able to get out of my contract and service.

I have made the payments and am still waiting for the mailed proof that my account is good. But At least by doing this review I was finally able to talk to someone that didn't keep blowing me off and at least considered a lower payment and finally agreeing to close my account.

Original review posted by user Mar 09, 2018

After balancing my checkbook the week of Feb.19 I again saw that Monitronics raised my price. I was mad and decided i had enough and I was going to look into a new service.

I called in ADT and had that installed 2/23. There is no way to contact Monitronics over the weekend and my install wasn't done until 9pm on 2/23 so I had to wait until Monday to call and cancel my service. At that time I had no idea that I was still under contract with them. It was not disclosed to us verbally at the time of our original installation and we didn't notice it on the contract.

When I called to cancel service, they asked why and I had told them I am tired of the lack of communication on their part. I have never been notified of anything except for the occasional emails of changing their name or how to work their products. I started with a bill of $61.99 in 2014, $65.46 in 2015, $68.63 in 2016, $69.04 in 2017, and 72.47 in 2018. Never being notified of any of them.

Even at the time I called to cancel I was not informed that I was still under contract which could have given me the chance to cancel ADT. In my opinion they breached their contract long before me and should make it void now. In my contract is states they can raise their price, but they are suppose to give 30 days notice in writing prior to it taking effect, I would have 20 days to object, but how could I object when I NEVER received a thing. Also there is a clause giving them permission to take the above amount on the contract electronically, so technically they were illegally taking money out of my account.

Also there is a small clause that states that All changes or amendments to the agreement must be in writing and signed by all parties to be binding on the parties, so wouldn't it be fair to assume that would include increases to my price.

And not to mention I now question the service all together.

When ADT did the install, at first he couldn't figure out how to get the panel off the wall and a tampering code kept coming up, when he got it off the wall it kept randomly beeping and he just yanked the battery.

All during the install he kept saying they're going to call, they're going to call, they're going to call, they aren't calling, they aren't calling, why are they not calling, they should have called. Can you imagine if that was a actual burglar that broke into my house and took the panel off the wall and just unplugged the battery?

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Preferred solution: Void the contract and cancel my service free and clear..

Comments

Monitronics - Disgusting

1.3
Equipment Quality

First of all Monotronics representative did not tell me I was signing a 5-year contract. I can't give them all the blame as I should read this contract before signing as this company is clearly out to take advantage of its clients.

Unfortunately, I lost my eldest child to a heart attack 2014 and things went downhill from there. My home was foreclosed on in 2016 and I became homeless. I have been continuously paying this provider even though I have no service.

When I tried canceling due to my unfortunate situation, I was assured that the contract would have to be paid in full. This is one of the most despicable companies that I have ever dealt with in my life. Not only are they dubious in their dealings, they have employed some of the most heartless and cruel individuals to carry out their policies.

The system did not work four months prior to me losing my home in which "they promised to compensate me for"they did not, and refused to make an adjustment now.

I would not advise anyone to promote or use their services as their practices are less than stellar.

Add photo

Add video

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I liked: Disatisfied, Instruci, Disatiisfied.

I didn't like: Cancellation problems, Customer service run around and dishonest, Customer service dishonest.

Monitronics - Cancellation

I am now awaiting an email which I’ll be paying for another two or three days which I’m not using the service.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Monitronics - Moni is fraudulent! Don't give in to their unethical threats!

2.1
Equipment Quality

I agree, Monitronics is a fraudulent company! The same thing happened to me.

I sold my home a month ago and I called "Moni" to discontinue the service and they claim I have an 18 month contract I am obligated to pay whether I have their security system or not. The rep said I had to pay $921 to close my account with them. They offered me a new system and 12 more months tacked on to the 18 months. *** no!

That sounds like a 30 month prison sentence to me. I am going to dispute this! I never signed any "contract" with them. How can something that does not exist be a legally binding agreement?

The Moni rep said they will have collections collect this debt from me and will put it on my credit report. That is strange because Monitronics has never been on my credit report before. I think the rep was lying and trying to scare me into complying with their fraudulent practices.

This is totally unfair and needs to stop. If we don't fight them they will continue to take advantage of unsuspecting consumers.

Does anyone have any advice on how to fight this unscrupulous company and resolve this mess?

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Preferred solution: Release me from this so called "contract"!.

I liked: Alarm app on phone.

I didn't like: Glossing over cancellation policy, Being takent advantage of, Deceptive contract terms.

Monitronics - Take advantage of seniors

2 years .i signed up for.after two yrs. i called and said stop taking my money .they told me i signed up for 3 yrs. thats a lie.i asked for a copy of my contract,they sent me a contract with my name on it but this one says 3 years ,but there is no signature on it.when i told this woman i did not sign up for a third year and wanted my money back ,ive got 3 months left on this stupid contract now shes telling me ,as a result of my last phone call that i have signed up for a fourth year at a reduced rate ,and there is nothing i can do but pay if this has happened to you ,let everyone know especily if this scam has touched you or an elder y relative komotion1@gmail.com

Product or Service Mentioned: Monitronics Security System Plan.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Monitronics - Cancelation

I called to cancel I get a sales person asking me twenty question as to why I am leaving. Then they transfer to another person and tries to give me a lower rate.

I explained that I just want to cancel. Then they tell me to cancel they need to send me an email that take 24 to 48 hours to receive and for me to send back and then it take 30 days to process cancellation. Really they are not a bank account it should not take 30 days to process. So then the guy says that it takes 30 days because they have too many costumers.

I told them that means I will get charged another month. This is a crazy cancellation process that should not take that long.