Monitronics - HORRIBLE

Equipment Quality

These guys will charge you up the yinyang. Worst Alarm company to deal with.

They told us that if we move our existing service to our new house they will not charge us for the equipment and installation fee. B******T, a month later we got a bill for $199 for the installation fee. We are now trying to cancel the service and they said it is beyond the 30 days from when it was installed. The kids that came to install the equipment didn't even finish the job.

We had to call in again and have them install the indoor camera. So now we are stuck on a 59 months contract with them....

Product or Service Mentioned: Monitronics Service Transfer.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

I didn't like: Wasting my money without recieving promised service.

Monitronics - Extortion

To Monitronics, Protection Source and anyone else that thinks they can send me bills for something and some company that does not have a current agreement signed by me.

In early 2011 I called GUARDIAN Protection Services to inquire about an alarm system for our new home. I initiated the call specifically to Guardian which indicated that I wish to have Guardians service. They (Guardian) sent an installer out and installed our system. I paid Guardian monthly for over 5 years for GREAT service even after my contract ended on Feb. 28th, 2014. Guardian DOES NOT AUTOMATICALLY renew their contracts. They go on a month to month basis. I have been out of contract for over 2 and a half years yet continued to use Guardian as my monitoring company. I NEVER authorized anyone to switch me from Guardian to Monitronics or anyone else and since my original phone call in 2011 was placed directly to Guardian that indicates my desire was to do business with Guardian. I will not pay anyone except Guardian and I will not pay a dime to Monitronics. The decision of Protection Source to “MOVE” my monitoring to someone else was not authorized and terribly unethical. Please do not send me any more bills. I have forwarded a copy of this letter to Attorney Steve Green at Bellah and Perez Law Firm in Glendale, Az. And I will be filing a class action lawsuit on behalf of the thousands of customers that this has happened to over the last few months. Please cease and desist any further attempts to extort money from me and send a letter to the below E-Mail indicating that I am NOT a customer of Monitronics.

Product or Service Mentioned: Monitronics Service Transfer.

Reason of review: Extortion.

Preferred solution: A letter stating that I am not nor never have been a Monitronics customer..

I didn't like: Extortion, Unethical practices, Being lid to constantly, Billing practices.

Temple, Texas, United States #1211717

Hello,

We're very sorry to hear about your recent experience and we would like to investigate this further to address this matter. Please email us at monisocial@monitronics.com with your account information or contact us by phone at 888.758.5900 Ext.

24718, so that we may begin our investigation. We look forward to speaking with you and addressing this matter.

Monitronics Executive Response Department

to Anonymous Phoenix, Arizona, United States #1225330

I contacted Monitronics on several occasions. They keep trying to convince me that I am under contract which I am not.

They also keep trying to convince me that I had their equipment installed in 2015.

Which I did not. I've been with Guardian since 2011 and that's when the equipment was installed if you want to call me my number is 330-718-2510 but I prefer this to an attorney you guys are nothing but a bunch of extortionist

Monitronics - Moving Assistance

I called in to move my service to another location. I've moved before and they have never charged me extra for installing old equipment and required only a 12 month extension.

Today I called to request a move out and they required 24 months extension, but with much debate, they were able to reduce it to 12 months. I have been with this company for almost 5 years and it's not like I'm looking to move to another company for service, but they treat me like I am.

They said that with 12 months, they may charge me extra for having them install old equipment (such as motion sensor and extra entry points) taken from the old house. This is ridiculous!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Monitronics Service Transfer.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

Comments

executiveresponseteam@mon
Dallas, Texas, United States #1200370

Monitronics Executive Response Department

Monitronics - Horrible Transfer/Move Process

We've been trying to schedule our move for the last six weeks with no success. We've experienced extreme unprofessionalism from most staff with absolutely no follow through, several promises of calls back that have never happened and when trying to call we hear different responses.

Trying to schedule a move has resulted in 15+ hours of phone calls, frustration and feeling trapped in a contract with an incompetent company. On top of not being able to schedule our move services, our monthly rate has increased without our knowledge. After one hour on the phone to determine why the person viewing the account could not review or explain the reasoning for this.

Please beware of Monitronics, everything was presented so positively during the sales experience and has been an nightmare since trying to transfer services.

Product or Service Mentioned: Monitronics Service Transfer.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

executiveresponseteam@mon

Hello,

We're very sorry to hear about your recent experience and we would like to investigate further to resolve this matter. Please email us your account information at monisocial@monitronics.com so that we may begin our investigation. We look forward to speaking with you and resolving this matter.

Monitronics

Executive Response Department

Monitronics - They keep billing you after you've cancelled your account.

Imagine a security company - whose job it is to keep would-be robbers out of your house - winding up being the biggest criminals of all.

I ended my service and moved out of my house last August, yet they are still sending me invoices and threatening to take me to collections. Apparently, you have to have a note from your mother to have the cancellation go through. Otherwise, they feel it is their right to keep invoicing you for service that the are not even providing.

What complete *** these pompous morons are.

If you ever go with a security company, do not use this company by any means.

Product or Service Mentioned: Monitronics Service Transfer.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Monetary Loss: $2000.

Preferred solution: Stop billing me...I am not your *** customer anymore. I have an e-mail showing a zero balance. You can't have any more money..

I didn't like: Cancellation policy.

Saint Louis, Missouri, United States #994721

This company Monitronics is so bad that I just hate I ever heard of them. I sent them a cancellation letter.

They are still charging me for service. I don't live in the house anymore. I called to see why they are still charging me.

They say my cancellation letter was a bad cancellation letter. They are such a rip off PLEASE STAY AWAY

FROM THIS COMPANY.They call you day and night about your bill.

Dallas, Texas, United States #927084

Monitronics

Executive Response Department

to Anonymous Cumberland, Kentucky, United States #930112

I have spent the last 2 hours on 1-12-15 trying to contact your award winning customer service. I finally got a live person, but he had to transfer me to another department.

This connection was terminated by

Monitronics. I have moved, canceled service, and stopped automatic payment. I continue to receive

bills for monthly service.

When you cancel service and stop monthly charges I will consider a settlement payment. customer service #600190144

Whatever you do don't get Monitronics

They made me pay for 3 years in advance when I wanted to cancel my alarm because I am moving, over a thousand dollars! I wasn't happy with the service or system, the window sensors "” which they glue on "” come loose through use of window and heat of sun exposure.

We've had too many false alarms, bad customer service, and it wasn't cheap to begin with. I've had the technicians over an exhausting amount of times to fix what was a brand new system.

They have you locked in for 5 years or more, and you can transfer the bad service and system, by ripping it out of the wall and windows of the old house, which I am sure the new home owner will appreciate! Or you can beg the new home owner to take over your account!

Monitronics International, Inc

Monitronics has provided good security services. I signed a 3 year contract with one of their installers Sound Security Group, LLC. I have had the service for almost 1 year.

I signed up in March 2008 and had a nice security system installed. My husband and I knew we were moving with in the year to the same zip code in Colorado, the gentleman that signed us up said "no problem, call us and we will transfer it".

I contacted Sound Security in the middle of Jan informing them of our move Feb 1. I STILL HAVE NO SECURTIY SYSTEM IN OUR NEW HOUSE. I HAVE CALLED ALMOST EVERY DAY, I WAS PUT ON HOLD ONCE FOR OVER 1 HOUR. I CONTINUE TO GET THE SAME RESPONSE - I CONTACTED THE LOCAL INSTALLER AND HE WILL CONTACT YOU TO SCHEDULE TRANSFER.

Unfortunately I am in a 3 year contract. I wish I would have never signed up with them in the first place. I am currently paying monthly for a security system installed in a house we no longer live in.

I will continue to call everyday and post an online comment everyday until they let me out of the contract or transfer my service.

Comments

I'm glad to hear Joseph has a good relationship with Monitronics and his installer. I need to clarify.

Sound Security Group is the contract holder and installer that were responsible to transfer the equipment. Monitronics only does the monitoring and always did a great job. I was told by Monitronics that after 1 year Monitronics has the option to purchase the contract from the installer. We moved within 1 year and Monitronics had not purchased our contract yet therefore there was nothing they could do for me.

My installer was Sound Security. Sound Security did not do their job. I would use Monitronics for monitoring our security especially if they did equipment installations and transfers themselves. We now have monitoring through Protect America.

We paid for the security equipment upfront. My husband and I were able to install the equipment ourselves.

If we ever move, we can transfer the equipment ourselves. This eliminates the incompetent installers and no getting out of contracts :)

I have Monitronics in three locations and they are great. We moved our business and Monitech Security came out moved our system and all we owed was for the new permit in our new city.

Very smooth. All alarm companies have you sign a three year agreement when you first get the system.After three years with Monitronics you are month to month.

The other are not, they tie you into another year. Sounds like som of you just dont want to pay for what you bought, What do you do when you no longer want to pay for the 4 year loan on your car?

Thank you for informing the general public, we almost signed up for this service, again THANK YOU!

If you have an alarm system installed with a contract the monitoring company will want that contract honored and completed to make money. Just like a cell phone company.

It does not no factor that you do not live in the home with the system anymore. If you could get out of alarm contract simply by moving, then a person could put in a alarm system to increase the value of their home to sell it and walk off. Leaving hundreds of dollars of equipment and labor in a home unpaid for.Would you run a business like that? If customers do not want a contract then they will have to pay for the equipment upfront.

1000+ parts and labor for a decent system. Then you can negotiate a cut rate monitoring bill. With no contract. All you have to do is get the system programmed to your monitoring station.

But no one wants to pay for a system outright anymore. It has to be free or 99$ installed.

Call 1-800-447-9239 and for the "system move" department, they will set up a move for you. It seems you may have been directed to the wrong department and that caused your dealy.

As far as the contract you have to understand that beacuse you probabaly paid nothing or very little up front the monthly fees you are charged over the 3-5 year term after about 2 years actually convert to a profit. The equipment and the labor costs always outweight the initial costs to the customer greatly.

I wish consumers would understand that just like every other business you have to pay for the equipment and services you receive and nothing is free. Call that department and they will assist you.

I think it's *** that they won't let you out of a contract when you move out of your home. Bunch of rat bastards if you ask me.

If I ever have the opportunity not to do business with them again, I definitely will not. Wish I could find someone to take over my remaining 10 month contract.

If you're interested, please email "dragon dweller at gmail dot com" (no spaces). Thanks!

View more comments