Not happy with Monitronics alarm system

My problem with Monitronics is that I have had their alarm system for one year and then the system had a problem and was not fully working. It has not fully worked now for 4 months.

I have called and reported the problem several times. I have had service men come out 3 different times. I don't what they were doing, but they left and the system was still not working and at this time it is still not working. I put their alarm system in my house to prevent stealing from me, but the only one robbing me is Monitronics .

They are taking money from my checking account each month even though their incompetent technicians cannot fix the problem. MONI has told me that I cannot cancel my account with them, because I signed a contract with them, which does not end until 08/18/2021.

Be careful when looking for an alarm system company. DON'T USE MONITRONICS !!!!!

Product or Service Mentioned: Monitronics Technical Support.

Preferred solution: Fix the alarm system or offer a reduced plan and service charge..

I didn't like: Response to impaired alarm system, Response to impaired alarm service.

Monitronics - TRY TO SELL A CAMERA I DIDN'T NEED

NIGHT VISION WAS NOT WORKING.THEY CAME OUT,PAID THE TECH FEE, THEY SAID CAMERA NOT WORKING. IT BE 250 DOLLARS TO REPLACE IT.

CAN'T AFFORD IT I'LL PUT A NIGHT LIGHT OUT THERE. THAT NIGHT I NOTICED A BRIGHT REFLECTION OFF MY FLUORESCENT LIGHT I JUST RECENT PUT UP BELOW IT. THE LIGHT WAS OFF TO. SO I TOOK THE LIGHT DOWN NOW THE NIGHT VISION IS WORKING.

SO THE REFLECTION OFF THE TOP OF THE LIGHT HOUSING CAUSED THE NIGHT VISION NOT TO WORK. SO BOTTOM LINE IS IF I WOULD HAD PAYED FOR A NEW CAMERA THAT I DIDN'T NEED , I WOULDN'T KNOWN IT AND THEY WOULD HAVE A GOOD CAMERA. TO SELL SOMEONE ELSE.

SO I CALLED TO SEE ABOUT MY TECH FEE ALL SHE COULD SAY WAS WILL THE TECH MAN DID COME OUT. CAN'T WAIT FOR MY YEAR IS UP.

Product or Service Mentioned: Monitronics Technical Support.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

Monitronics - DAMAGED HOUSEHOLD GOODS

I just got off the phone with Mathew with a response to a resolution. After a technician broke approximately $700 (purchased price in 1980's) of articles in my home due to negligence.

They decided to refund credit to me in the amount of $220 plus the $100 the technician added with no clue of the valued items broken. I was unstable to produce the receipts due to the age since purchased.

I sent pictures, video and internet prices of today prices but was unable to find the main item which was the embraced sculpture. I find that to be an insult and I will pursue this case at today's cost of items.

Do Not do Business with Monitronics, now known as MONI

1.2
Equipment Quality

I have had multiple issues with Monitronics. They say they have changed their name to MONI because it is easier to remember!

The truth is they have so many horrible reviews, that they are now forced to use a different name to re-establish their reputation. A few months ago I added cameras for an additional monthly charge and of course, they extended the contract for another 2 years. Well, the cameras are not working. When I called for support, I was told that the cameras are considered accessories and are not covered under warranty.

I complained and told the rep I was never told cameras are considered accessories. The rep the went on to say she can ( only this time) add an additional fee of 5 dollars per month to have the warranty and the cost of seeing a technician would be an additional 50 dollars per visit. I told her I will a camera security system from Best Buy and will not do business with MONI after my contract expires.

Do yourself a big favor and find a different service provider. MONI provides horrible customer service, outdated equipment, and expensive rates.

Product or Service Mentioned: Monitronics Technical Support.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

I didn't like: Poor quality equipment - lack of trained customer service reps.

Monitronics - Poor Customer Service, No Resolution of Issue

Equipment Quality

I called for tech support for the first time, tech named Lucas. He acted as if he could care less.

I went back and forth throughout the house resetting the glass break -tampering alarm four separate times. I told him I could not do it anymore. I am disabled. He told me if I did not do it, he would send someone to do it for $50.

The alarm HAS NOT BEEN tampered with at all.

He offered no assistance at all. I would NEVER recommend this company based purely on the lack of customer support, or showing any care whatsoever of the people they say they are there to protect.

Product or Service Mentioned: Monitronics Technical Support.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Tech support attitude lack of any assistance to resolve my issue.