Monitronics - System never worked correctly

Please cancel my service immediately! I have sent an email today asking that you cancel, It seems that my bill is always doubled the month once I have paid up two months.

Please cancel this service. I have been going out of town frequently due to death and illness in family. Always to come back and notice that system is not working or beeping all night long. CANCEL THIS CONTRACT TODAY AS OF SEPTEMBER 11, 2018.

CANCEL THIS CONTRACT TODAY AS OF SEPTEMBER 11, 2018. PLEASE CANCEL THIS CONTRACT TODAY AS OF SEPTEMBER 11, 2018. I WILL NOT PAY FOR ANOTHER MONTH. I WILL NOT PAY FOR ANOTHER MONTH.

PLEASE CANCEL THIS CONTRACT AS OF TODAY SEPTEMBER 11, 2018.

Mrs. Lusynthia Smith

smithlusynthia@gmail.com

Review about: Home Security System.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Monitronics - Charged me while security camera's didn't work. I told sales rep 3 year contract instead sales rep gave me a 5 year contract.

When the technician installed my security system plus 2 cameras outside and two inside. The two outside did not work for about a month and a half.

Never got pro rated with my bill. Just charged.

When I signed up for how long I was willing to pay the contract. I told the sales rep, 3 years that's all.

Well the sales rep, didn't give me the 3 year contract. Instead the sales rep, gave me the 5 year contract.

O ya in order to have the cameras working they will have you on the phone running up and down ladders. Only never to get the cameras up.

Real reason they want you to have to pay their technician to come out to do hook up the cameras maybe.

The only thing really Montronics Brinks know how to do is charge the customer money for equipment that doesn't work correctly or that good.

Review about: Monitronics Technical Support.

Monitronics - I guess I am not the only pissed customer

After reading for over two hours the complaints from your customers , All I can say is , I am so glad that I stopped the payments from my account. Never thought you will make people go thru all these trouble.

Never heard so many complaints from a company before and still in business. I sent a note informing that I wanted out, but never thought I could find so many people pissed about your company. It is really disgusting. You can send your people to my house to collect your junk.

If you read my claim you can write to me, and inform me when you will be coming. Other than that , I will not let anybody come to my house to threaten me or my family about collections or any thing else. I want out and that is it. In my previous note I stated that you were paying thousands of Dollars for any one having information of former employees of yours but you should have info on them as well as phone numbers and so on.

Your mask has come down in my neighborhood and will be getting a lot more request for cancelations. You can contact me @ rey.castaneda30@yahoo.com.

Monitronics - Bad customer service and Service Contract TOO LONG!

I started with Monitronics in 2009 and finally cancelled my service with them in 2016. The contract was for 60 months.

I was NOT aware it was for 5 years. I stay longer than I should have and finally wrote a letter of cancellation in 2016. They still billed me and I refused to pay so after 7 years with this company Monitronics sent a $57.00 bill to collections. And now I have to deal with a negative mark on all three of my credit reports because of their bad customer service and disgrace to a valued customer.

:-(

I have written several letters to solve this problem but the Southwest Credit Collections won't drop this crazy charge-off. This is an OUTRAGE and I will continue to pursue this.

Review about: Monitronics Security System.

Reason of review: Services not rendered sent to Collections.

Preferred solution: Withdraw this account from Southwest Credit Collections.

I didn't like: Cancellation process.

Monitronics - Trying to Cancel!

1.3
Equipment Quality

I have been trying to cancel my service with Montronics, I have called and was told in order to cancel, I have to fill out a form that never comes in my email, its not in my spam!, I call again, only for them to tell me they are sending the doc in my email again, I have had them for over 12 years I think the contract is up, It is my preference to cancel, don't know why they can't just cancel over the phone, but Im guessing its because they want to string you along to get a couple more months of $$ from you, Run from this company, they are not professional at all, who has time to call them and be placed on hold by what they say is 10 minutes always turns into 30+ minutes or a disconnect this company is now Brinks, I wonder why?

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Preferred solution: cancel my policy as of July 2018 and return August's payment!.

I didn't like: Deceptive and difficult cancellation practices.

Monitronics - Have just cancelled payments after over a year without service.

I have tried to contact reps. in Puerto Rico since I have not had any service for over a year.

But since the contract is almost over , I decided to cancel it due to breach of contract. I have also contacted BBB and the consumes affair Department, because after a cat. 5 hurricane , no one contacted me or even wrote a note , but still kept getting paid. All the reps.

you had in Puerto Rico ow work for other companies , and tried to sell me other system. but I decided not to. because of the poor service I got from you. Since you are paying a lot of money to publish full pages on El Nuevo Dia newspaper and offer $15,000.00 to any one that has information of any wrong doing of your previous employees, I figured that a couple of months without my payment is not going to hurt your finances.

I know several other customers with the same problem and have had no luck. The only response I had was a recording saying that if needed any help had to call a technician and pay an absurd amount of money to have the monitoring system updated, taking advantage of the consequences the Hurricane left us with. And not taking into consideration the horrible storm that just went by. I think that a more responsible company would act differently but what a heck would a few unsatisfied customers means to you.

If I had the money it would take to fight this in a court of law , I would . But who fights with the powerful Brinks or Monitronics with a few lawyers under your wings.

I hope this settles our very disappointing experience with you people and believe you me, if anybody asks me about you or your service my recommendation will not be good.

Reinaldo Castaneda . rey.castaneda30@yahoo.com

Review about: Monitronics Security System.

Monitronics - cancelling

I would like to cancel my service.. I am way past my contract.

I tried to cancel months ago and they seem to want to make it difficult.. the girl said .. well you have to fill out and sign some documents.. I said ok..

She said she would email .. them to me..I said ok I will sign them and send them back .. she said it would take a few days to get the email? I was like why?

never received an email. I tried again and I didn't receive one after a few days I was leaving for vacation .. when I came back I had an email saying they sent me an email but since no response had been given the email expired. So, then it was back to the phone because I wasn't able to respond to the email.

I just want to cancel my service.. I am so tired to these companys harrassing you .. trying to make you take it to your new place...trying to make you pass it on the the new person moving it. just asking why you want to cancel....

I JUST WANT TO.. PLEASE..

Monitronics - Monotronics Listen

1611 Wilmeth Rd, McKinney, TX 75069, USA 0 comments
5.0
Equipment Quality

I called and tried to cancel my service because we sold our house. I was told that I can pay out the contract (which I didn't know I had a contract) , this would be over a thousand dollars.

or get the new owners to take over the 29mos left on the contract.

Or I can move the monitoring to my new home. The customer rep was very nice , but could do nothing to help me. I am 82 years old and can't afford to pay this company $1,000 for nothing.

What kind of business is this?

I will never do any business with this company again. At least when I had ADT I could change or alter my service.

Review about: Monitronics Security.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Cancellation policy, Customer service run around and dishonest, Contract service.

I want out of my contract, when I got monitronics they said it was the best and best customer care also I have a shop in my back yard they said it would be covered also but its not.

They said my shop in back yard would be protected also but I received emails several times a day saying shop door is open this went on for about a year so they sent a person out to replace alarm on shop I told them I haven't been able to use alarm for a year so I don't want your services please take your crap and go but they told us what we wanted to hear but service was the same we could not use the system asked to be released from contract but no go so after 2-2/12 years they want me to keep paying for something I cannot use what BASTARDS or shale I say *** TARDES they say if I want to cancel I have to pay a fee well the way I see it and I think the courts will also they owe me a bunch of money. So now when I call try to cancel they just hang up so now im going to step it up a notch see I am disabled lost my ability to walk in 2010 I contacted the ADA they told me sounds like they need to be picketed by hundreds of wheel chair bound people out front their home office and get local news and Sean Hannity involved then lets see them pull their ***

Review about: Security Systems And Service.

Monitronics - Awful

2.1
Equipment Quality

I had the "free" system installed. I never used their system.. paid the three year contract.. immediately canceled. I called, had to jump through hoops.. they wouldn't cancel. I called again, same thing, I canceled their draw out of my account.. finally they sent me to collections. I had to pay collections to get it cleared.

These guys are shysters and hustlers. Don't do business with them.

The collections people they deal with are also complicit in this scam.. their name is Hillcrest Davidson. The guy was nice on the phone and said yes, they had to have hoops to jump through to cancel to protect themselves. Fine. They need to have protections from people they know they are scamming to get out as well and not put them through all of this hassel. I paid it just to clear it, they know I would .. but I can tell everyone what a pos company this is as well. Don't use them ever!!!

Steve

Review about: Monitronics Alarm System Part Installation.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

I didn't like: Billed me after i canceled and did everything they asked.