Monitronics - Failure to refund Credit Balance when I moved from Arizona to Florida.

3.0
Equipment Quality

Each time I call there, I get a different customer care representative. Also, in addition to a different person, I get a different answer.

I called them in August of 2018 to cancel effective September 3rd and nothing happened. I moved to Florida, and within 4 or five days of my arrival there, I was called by a local Brinks ?? and they sent a man out to give me an estimate on Security service. When he told me that it would cost $500 up front I tried to remind him that the office in Arizona had promised me FREE INSTALLATION at my new address and a decent discount in my monthly fees.

The Representative indicated that he knew nothing of the sort, and had nothing to do with my old system. So I kindly refused further service.

I had a different company install new service.

Two calls later, I'm still awaiting my CREDIT BALANCE REFUND.

Thus far over 50 days has elapsed since I first contacted them and there has been no refund. I supposed I should go to consumer affairs and/ or the BBB?

I liked: Good service for 15 years.

I didn't like: Disliked getting a refund on overpayment of bill.

Comments

OppositeGlassLizard457

I appreciate the ability to get my complaint off my chest. But; would like to be able to state that my refund finally arrived; which it did not. Please take care of this matter now.

Monitronics - I am very unsatisfied with the company

1.4
Equipment Quality

This is monitronics/brinks.have called to cancel their services. I called on the 3rd, could not get anyone and so one.

Talked to someone on 10/9/2018, he says he has cancelled and I need to e-sign. Have not received it as of yet. They have billed and taken money from my account.

I asked for a refund and supervisor, says they could not refund, because have not been cancelled.

Says still active and I am with other company. I had been with this company since 2012.

I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY TO ANYONE!!!

Comments

OppositeGlassLizard457

Sounds quite familiar - Have you gone to consumer affairs or the BBB as of yet.??

to OppositeGlassLizard457 #1583984

Yes, I did.

Monitronics - Cancel of Service

1611 Wilmeth Rd, McKinney, TX 75069, USA 0 comments

I want them to stop taking money out of my bank account. I want my service cancelled. They have already taken 3 months of payments out after their service items were disconnected at my home.

I have tried with no success to cancel this plan. As of today I want the plan cancelled and the auto pay cancelled.

It is very difficult to get in touch with customer service but it doesn't seem hard for them to remove money from my bank account.

I no longer want their service. The cost is too much and it continues to rise. It is extremely high for the service that we had. Please disconnect as soon as possible. Now would be a good time.

Review about: Monitronics Security System Plan.

Monitronics - I have tried to get rid of ths company for almost 2 years

i have repeatedly called toget rid of this company as we do not use the system any longer it isnt even hooked up and every time i call they tack more time on to a contract that was up over a year and a half ago and keep taking money out of my bank account every month i am tired of paying for something i do not want and do not use their company is a terible company i am at my wits end to gt rid of them i called them over a year ago and asked them to please cancel is and they said oh i see we have been chargin you too much so we are going to give you 3 months free is that all right i said ok but then i want it stopped in january i called them again and said ok now cancel this out and she said oh you have a 3 year contract now so you cant stop it i argued forever with her on the phone but to no avail what can a person do to get rid of this horrible company

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Preferred solution: cancel my service and refund our money for the last year and half that we have had this disconnected .

What is good about Monitronics? NOTHING!

Update by user Sep 24

Monitronics changed to Brinks Security Systems. Everyone knows that right?

Update by user Sep 24

I will personally go to my bank and apply for a new bank account and transfer all of my money just so they cannot get one more cent. I have all my conversations times, dates and names of people i spoke to all the numbers I have called and downloaded all the emails i have sent in addition to the docusign form they had be sign and email back.

i will fight them tooth and nail if they think they will report any fake balances they come up with to any credit bureau's. Im surprised there hasn't been a class-action case against them yet.

Is it because they keep changing business names? Or is it because they are part of some big media company Ascent Capital Group Inc, Digital Media Production, Greenwood CO, Value at $553,455,000

Original review posted by user Sep 24

The original contract was with B&D Security at 19.99 a month for 3 years. My mother 79 years old.

All she heard was free installation and 19 a month. It's been 3 years and the company has changed and or merged 3 times in 3 years and the monthly payment amounts have changed 4 times standing at over 40 dollars a month. She never uses the service. She really never goes anywhere really and I just moved back in with her so someone is always here and family is always visiting.

We probably turned it on once if that but for reasons unknown, they feel the need to up the monthly payments. I tried canceling. I have done everything they asked. Now when I call the verbal passcode I have been using for the past week no longer works.

They asked me today when I requested a copy of the original contract. The rep asked me for the verbal passcode and its always been my two sons names. ALWAYS. But today I was told that the passcode was INCORRECT!!!!

This was my second call today to MONI the first one was regarding canceling my auto-pay which I did. If they continue to take funds I swear I will cancel my account. f them. Anyways I told her that I just called earlier and that passcode worked today and for the past 10 calls, I made a few days back.

She said nope that's not what I got here Miss.

I'm so pissed. This really chaps my hide

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I didn't like: Business practices and work ethics, Cancellation policy, Customer service dishonest, Customer service.

Monitronics - System never worked correctly

Please cancel my service immediately! I have sent an email today asking that you cancel, It seems that my bill is always doubled the month once I have paid up two months.

Please cancel this service. I have been going out of town frequently due to death and illness in family. Always to come back and notice that system is not working or beeping all night long. CANCEL THIS CONTRACT TODAY AS OF SEPTEMBER 11, 2018.

CANCEL THIS CONTRACT TODAY AS OF SEPTEMBER 11, 2018. PLEASE CANCEL THIS CONTRACT TODAY AS OF SEPTEMBER 11, 2018. I WILL NOT PAY FOR ANOTHER MONTH. I WILL NOT PAY FOR ANOTHER MONTH.

PLEASE CANCEL THIS CONTRACT AS OF TODAY SEPTEMBER 11, 2018.

Mrs. Lusynthia Smith

smithlusynthia@gmail.com

Review about: Home Security System.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Monitronics - Charged me while security camera's didn't work. I told sales rep 3 year contract instead sales rep gave me a 5 year contract.

When the technician installed my security system plus 2 cameras outside and two inside. The two outside did not work for about a month and a half.

Never got pro rated with my bill. Just charged.

When I signed up for how long I was willing to pay the contract. I told the sales rep, 3 years that's all.

Well the sales rep, didn't give me the 3 year contract. Instead the sales rep, gave me the 5 year contract.

O ya in order to have the cameras working they will have you on the phone running up and down ladders. Only never to get the cameras up.

Real reason they want you to have to pay their technician to come out to do hook up the cameras maybe.

The only thing really Montronics Brinks know how to do is charge the customer money for equipment that doesn't work correctly or that good.

Review about: Monitronics Technical Support.

Monitronics - I guess I am not the only pissed customer

After reading for over two hours the complaints from your customers , All I can say is , I am so glad that I stopped the payments from my account. Never thought you will make people go thru all these trouble.

Never heard so many complaints from a company before and still in business. I sent a note informing that I wanted out, but never thought I could find so many people pissed about your company. It is really disgusting. You can send your people to my house to collect your junk.

If you read my claim you can write to me, and inform me when you will be coming. Other than that , I will not let anybody come to my house to threaten me or my family about collections or any thing else. I want out and that is it. In my previous note I stated that you were paying thousands of Dollars for any one having information of former employees of yours but you should have info on them as well as phone numbers and so on.

Your mask has come down in my neighborhood and will be getting a lot more request for cancelations. You can contact me @ rey.castaneda30@yahoo.com.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

OppositeGlassLizard457

You are far from being the only one. If I recall, recently, I saw something on the computer re: over 12,000 complaints to the BBB but most were resolved.

Monitronics - Bad customer service and Service Contract TOO LONG!

I started with Monitronics in 2009 and finally cancelled my service with them in 2016. The contract was for 60 months.

I was NOT aware it was for 5 years. I stay longer than I should have and finally wrote a letter of cancellation in 2016. They still billed me and I refused to pay so after 7 years with this company Monitronics sent a $57.00 bill to collections. And now I have to deal with a negative mark on all three of my credit reports because of their bad customer service and disgrace to a valued customer.

:-(

I have written several letters to solve this problem but the Southwest Credit Collections won't drop this crazy charge-off. This is an OUTRAGE and I will continue to pursue this.

Review about: Monitronics Security System.

Reason of review: Services not rendered sent to Collections.

Preferred solution: Withdraw this account from Southwest Credit Collections.

I didn't like: Cancellation process.

Monitronics - Trying to Cancel!

1.3
Equipment Quality

I have been trying to cancel my service with Montronics, I have called and was told in order to cancel, I have to fill out a form that never comes in my email, its not in my spam!, I call again, only for them to tell me they are sending the doc in my email again, I have had them for over 12 years I think the contract is up, It is my preference to cancel, don't know why they can't just cancel over the phone, but Im guessing its because they want to string you along to get a couple more months of $$ from you, Run from this company, they are not professional at all, who has time to call them and be placed on hold by what they say is 10 minutes always turns into 30+ minutes or a disconnect this company is now Brinks, I wonder why?

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Preferred solution: cancel my policy as of July 2018 and return August's payment!.

I didn't like: Deceptive and difficult cancellation practices.