I sold my house 2 months ago.I told Moni I was selling the house, and I gave them the contact info for the new homeowner, as a courtesy, to ensure that the homeowner would know how to get service setup.

Since Moni had been drafting my bank account each month for my monthly fee, I watched to make sure they did not continue to charge me, and they did not. However, this morning I saw that they did charge me my regular monthly fee. I called them and they informed me that I am obligated to a contract with them for another year, and since they have not been able to get in touch with the new owner, I am obligated to pay for her service! You've got to be kidding me!!!

I couldn't reason with the person on the phone, and they honestly did not see anything wrong with this line of thinking.I got so pissed I couldn't even form words, so I just hung up on her.

Review about: Monitronics Customer Care.

Reason of review: SCAM.

Comments

This is a big scam company who is being sued right now for millions on other scams.I didn't have a contract with them because they bought out Pinnnacle Security years ago.

They are refusing to stop billing me too.My security system has been shut down two weeks ago.

This has happened to me also.I am getting calls from monitoring center when the people who bought our house have an alarm.

What a horrible position to be in. Moni will not stop monitoring, they will not cancel, they only want the buyout $$ and are strong arming us. That is just the tip of the iceberg, there are other issues. I have never dealt with a company like this, especially when a house has been sold.

And several hours waiting on phone, transferred 4 times to be told this. I call this a scam.

I will not let these people get any more money out of us.It is time for the attorney generals in both my state and Texas to be contacted.