As others have mentioned, we were pressured into a contract by a very slick salesman who said that we would get all equipment free and get a special price with a limited contract.The contract was pages and pages long and this man was very slick.

I believed what he said. My mistake. We signed on. Our old alarm company was very speedy and professional in allowing us to stop their service.

We used the monitronics system for about 2 years and then moved. WE were told that we could get the new owners to take it over (which they were smart enough to say no- given that they could use it without having to pay for it at all), we could cancel it for a total of $3400, or finally we could move the system with us and be saddled with 2 more years on the contract. We have chosen to pay it off monthly so we have been paying for a system we don't use for 2 years now with a year to go. Worst scam ever.

Never, never, never use this company. Go with an established company that has a track record of good service and don't come to your door.

Good companies do not go door to door....this is the lesson I had to learn as a very young adult saddled with a misleading and likely illegal contract I should never have signed.

Review about: Monitronics Security System.

Had an Experience with Monitronics?

Comments

executiveresponseteam@mon
Dallas, Texas, United States #624884

Thank you for taking the time to notify me about your concerns with your service. I have every desire to address your needs and provide the best solution available to resolve your issue as soon as possible. I assure you that Monitronics is an alarm monitoring company only and does not sell, install or service alarm systems. Rest assured that Monitronics does not condone, advocate or allow our business partners to employ unscrupulous business practices to attain customers. We want customers that value our service, and that are willing to help us continue to improve our level of service through open and honest communication. We apologize for the inconvenience and would be happy to work with you to attempt to resolve the issue. Please call my office at 855-299-2081 from 8:00am-7:00pm Central Time.

Monitronics Cares